Thank you for your interest in a grant from the Gill Foundation. As you can appreciate, we receive requests from hundreds of organizations every year. Grant proposals are by invitation only and unsolicited grant proposals will not be accepted.The Gill Foundation supports organizations working on policy and advocacy efforts to achieve equality in the United States for all people, regardless of sexual orientation and expression. Specific advances in equality eligible for possible funding include, but are not limited to, efforts to secure the following:
- Nondiscrimination in employment, housing, commerce, military service, services, and access;
- Relationship recognition including marriage equality, civil unions, domestic partnerships, and the provision of equal rights and benefits to spouses;
- Family recognition including foster care, adoption, joint adoption, second parent adoption, and equal rights and benefits for LGBT-parented children;
- Safe schools that are supportive and free from harassment and violence for LGBT and LGBT-parented students; and
- Violence reduction including hate crimes, suicide prevention, and domestic violence.