Within the above funding areas, proposals that include the following have an enhanced chance of being funded:
- Outcomes in the form of policy or systems change in the above funding areas.
- Outcomes that are achievable within three years and measurable benchmarks within one year.
- Efforts that reflect meaningful collaboration among organizations serving or representing the same populations.
- Efforts that effectively engage and include people of color and address racial disparities.
- Efforts that have strong constituency support and involvement and show long-term sustainability.
- State-level and statewide efforts.
- Coalitions that include a broad range of allied and progressive non-LGBT organizations.