Founded in 1994, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equal rights work. Our goal is to create an America in which all people are treated equally and respectfully. For more information, please visit www.gillfoundation.org.
Working with staff across all levels of the organization, facilitates the foundation’s grant-making operations through all stages of the process. Manages and leads the strategic design and use of data systems to meet the needs of the organization as a whole and the individual department requirements. Acts as a thought leader and project manager, but will also be the day-to-day “go-to” person for technical assistance. This position reports to the VP of Programs.
- Models the foundation’s Guiding Principles and core values of being strategic, pioneering, innovative, dynamic, and inspiring.
- Thrives in a team-centered environment and contributes to the success of the team as a whole.
- Embraces a culture of high performance, accountability for results, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Puts a premium on turning new ideas into action and being persistent and iterative until the desired outcome is achieved.
Grants Management 65%
- Receives, tracks, and processes grant applications, award letters, invoices, and grant reports in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Creates and maintains grant files that meet IRS, legal, audit, and Gill Foundation requirements and standards.
- Oversees the monthly process for grant-making, including initial and final screen of grant applications, final reports, write ups; provides editing guidance for program staff; and timely processing of proposals and related materials.
- Prepares and processes monthly grant dockets, including docket reviews, and related amendments, sweeps, and waivers, as requested.
- Takes the lead in training and supporting staff utilizing the CRM system and maintains user manuals to ensure efficient and accurate process for grant-making.
- Provides support for grantees and staff by answering questions, calendaring the grant schedule, sending reminders about upcoming deadlines, and providing forms and templates.
- Coordinates with accounting staff for grant payments and monthly reconciliation.
- Administers the employee gift match program.
Data Integrity and Maintenance 25%
- Manages the Microsoft Dynamics CRM system and its integrity and accuracy of data including regular screens to ensure data maintained in the system is legally compliant.
- Provides IT support regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Customizes and maintains Microsoft Dynamics CRM forms and views for individual and staff-wide needs to ensure user adoption.
- Manages and executes projects to change or upgrade the systems; ensures schedule and budget have appropriate user buy-in and participation.
- Provides timely responses to evolving data needs and ad hoc requests, including research and reporting.
Project Management 10%
- Ensures quality board materials
- Strategizes with departments and teams about the most effective use of the data systems and prioritizes projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience, 2-4 years.
- High level of written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Tech savvy and able to quickly learn new software; experience with Microsoft CRM and SQL reporting a plus.
- Understanding of data and relational databases.
- Experience with system design and project management; ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to work independently and with team members and senior staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and accomplish short-term tasks and long-term goals.
- Impeccably detail-oriented; creative and strategic thinker.
- Commitment to the mission of the Gill Foundation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Gill Foundation’s team. The Gill Foundation offers competitive compensation packages including base salary, health, retirement, and vacation benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Gill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, military status and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls.