Gill Foundation Announces New CFOThu Sep 17, 2009
The Gill Foundation announced today the appointment of Golden, CO resident Lauren Arnold as the Foundation’s Chief Financial Officer. This is a new position for the Foundation. Arnold, who is currently the chief financial officer and vice president for finance and administration at Visit Denver, will officially join the foundation on January 1, 2009.
The Gill Foundation, established in 1994 by software entrepreneur Tim Gill, seeks to secure equal opportunity for all people regardless of sexual orientation or gender expression. The Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders focusing primarily on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equal rights. The Gay and Lesbian Fund for Colorado is a program of the Gill Foundation.
As the foundation’s chief financial officer, Lauren will be responsible for leading financial, administrative and IT operations for the Foundation at our Denver and Colorado Springs offices. “Lauren will bring a breadth of professional and personal experience to this new position at the Foundation. We are very excited to have her join our already amazing team,” said Gill Foundation executive director, Tim Sweeney.
Prior to joining the Visit Denver, Lauren served as the CFO/COO for an energy company and has also served as an assistant professor at Regis University. After graduating from college at Dartmouth, Lauren started her career as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Philippines. Upon her return to the U.S., she embarked on a career in finance first at Morgan Stanley and then at Credit Suisse First Boston where she rose through the ranks to the position of vice president and COO of one of the company’s finance groups. Along the way, she obtained an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and an MA from John Hopkins University. A few years ago, Lauren and her husband decided to move to Colorado to start a family, which now includes two young kids. They now live in Golden.
In The News
- Who Is Tim Gill?
- Experimentation and Failure Are What Lead to Successful Advocacy
- Denver’s Tim Gill has donated half a billion dollars to LGBTQ equality. Now the software geek turned activist reflects on 25 years of the struggle.
- Out Leadership releases the State LGBT+ Business Climate Index
- LGBT-Inclusive Policies Benefit Employees and Companies Alike, Report Finds
- As Colorado Swears In An Openly Gay Governor, How One Couple Quietly Changed Minds On LGBT Issues
- U.S. Chamber Foundation and Gill Foundation Announce 'Inclusion Incorporated' Initiative
- Investing in LGBTQ Advocacy with Smart Philanthropy
- 'Beyond I Do:' Denver foundation's new ad campaign focuses on LGBT discrimination
- 'Beyond I Do' PSA shows how LGBTQ discrimination still happens
- LGBTQ advocacy organization Gill Foundation selected local Brad Clark to take over as president
- New Leader for LGBT-Funding Powerhouse Gill Foundation
- Ford’s $1 Billion Impact Investment Fund Gets New Manager; Gill Foundation Hires CEO From Within
- Gill Foundation drops $400,000 on STEM labs for every elementary school in Englewood
- What the Right Gets Wrong About LGBT Megadonor Tim Gill
- Meet Tim Gill, The Megadonor Behind the LGBTQ Rights Movement
- Colorado advocates cheer U.S. Supreme Court ruling for gay marriage
- Gay Marriage Backers to Finance Anti-Discrimination Efforts
- America’s Gay Corporate Warrior Wants to Bring Full Equality to Red States
- The Marriage Equality Hall of Fame: 8 Funders Who Helped Make It Happen
- National Park Service’s Heritage Initiative aims to honor LGBT contributions
- National Park Service looks to add historic LGBT sites
- Telling All of America’s Story: The National Park Service Announces LGBT Theme Study
- US Aims to Identify, Promote Historic LGBT Sites
- With new initiative, National Park Service will put LGBT sites on the national map
- Gay donor: Gay rights not ‘inevitable’
- Gay Rights Push Shifts Its Focus South and West
- Eliza Byard Joins Gill Foundation Board of Directors
- Tim Gill & Scott Miller Announce Brad Clark as President and CEO
- Leadership Update from Tim Gill & Scott Miller
- Longtime Transgender Movement Leader Masen Davis to Join Gill Foundation as Senior Director of Special Projects
- Our 2016 LGBT Funding Priorities
- Tim Gill Statement in Response to Supreme Court Ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges
- Vice President Joe Biden Speaks at OutGiving 2015
- Seasoned Movement Leader Brad Clark to Join Gill Foundation as Vice President of Partnerships
- Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado Announces $50,000 Grant to Support “Colorado Rising,” a Benefit for Flood Relief
- Gill Foundation Names Courtney Cuff as President and CEO
- Sweeney to Finish Term as President and CEO of Gill Foundation by End of 2013
- Gill Foundation Hires Lance King as Vice President of Donor Resources
- Gill Foundation Announces Gift of Colorado Springs Building to Rocky Mountain PBS, Creating “Tim Gill Center for Public Media”
- After 15 Years of Progress, Gay & Lesbian Fund to Re-Evaluate Strategic Direction, Will Continue Funding Current Grantees Through 2012
- Gill Foundation and Weber Shandwick Release ‘Business of Change’
- Gill Foundation Announces New CFO