Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado Announces $50,000 Grant to Support “Colorado Rising,” a Benefit for Flood ReliefWed Oct 23, 2013
The Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado announced today that it is donating $50,000 to the United Ways of Colorado Flood Recovery Fund in support of the “Colorado Rising” concert to benefit flood relief in Colorado.
“We all need to unite in support of Coloradans who desperately need our help right now, and the Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado is pleased to be part of that effort,” said Tim Gill, founder and chair of the Gill Foundation.
The Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado is the Gill Foundation’s local grant program focused on making an impact in Colorado. Established in 1996, the fund has granted more than $32 million to nonprofits across the state working to improve the lives of all Coloradans.
The benefit concert takes place Sunday, Oct. 27, at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, Colo. and features Dave Matthews, The Fray, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Wesley Schultz, Jeremiah Fraites and Neyla Pekarek of The Lumineers, DeVotchKa, Nathaniel Rateliff, and more. All proceeds of the concert will go directly to LiveUnitedColorado.org for the United Ways of Colorado Flood Recovery Fund.
Concert tickets sold out in a matter of hours, but additional flood relief donations can be made at www.liveunitedcolorado.org.
About the Gill Foundation
Based in Denver, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights work. The foundation has invested more than $220 million since inception in organizations and programs to achieve its mission of equal opportunity for all Americans, regardless of sexual orientation or gender expression. Through its Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado program, the foundation has given more than $32 million to support Colorado nonprofits that improve the lives of all Coloradans.
In The News
- U.S. Chamber Foundation and Gill Foundation Announce 'Inclusion Incorporated' Initiative
- Who's Partnering with Joe Biden on LGBTQ Inclusion?
- Investing in LGBTQ Advocacy with Smart Philanthropy
- 'Beyond I Do:' Denver foundation's new ad campaign focuses on LGBT discrimination
- 'Beyond I Do' PSA shows how LGBTQ discrimination still happens
- LGBTQ advocacy organization Gill Foundation selected local Brad Clark to take over as president
- New Leader for LGBT-Funding Powerhouse Gill Foundation
- Ford’s $1 Billion Impact Investment Fund Gets New Manager; Gill Foundation Hires CEO From Within
- Gill Foundation drops $400,000 on STEM labs for every elementary school in Englewood
- What the Right Gets Wrong About LGBT Megadonor Tim Gill
- Meet Tim Gill, The Megadonor Behind the LGBTQ Rights Movement
- Colorado advocates cheer U.S. Supreme Court ruling for gay marriage
- Gay Marriage Backers to Finance Anti-Discrimination Efforts
- America’s Gay Corporate Warrior Wants to Bring Full Equality to Red States
- The Marriage Equality Hall of Fame: 8 Funders Who Helped Make It Happen
- National Park Service’s Heritage Initiative aims to honor LGBT contributions
- National Park Service looks to add historic LGBT sites
- Telling All of America’s Story: The National Park Service Announces LGBT Theme Study
- US Aims to Identify, Promote Historic LGBT Sites
- With new initiative, National Park Service will put LGBT sites on the national map
- Gay donor: Gay rights not ‘inevitable’
- Gay Rights Push Shifts Its Focus South and West
- Eliza Byard Joins Gill Foundation Board of Directors
- Tim Gill & Scott Miller Announce Brad Clark as President and CEO
- Leadership Update from Tim Gill & Scott Miller
- Longtime Transgender Movement Leader Masen Davis to Join Gill Foundation as Senior Director of Special Projects
- Our 2016 LGBT Funding Priorities
- Tim Gill Statement in Response to Supreme Court Ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges
- Vice President Joe Biden Speaks at OutGiving 2015
- Seasoned Movement Leader Brad Clark to Join Gill Foundation as Vice President of Partnerships
- Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado Announces $50,000 Grant to Support “Colorado Rising,” a Benefit for Flood Relief
- Gill Foundation Names Courtney Cuff as President and CEO
- Sweeney to Finish Term as President and CEO of Gill Foundation by End of 2013
- Gill Foundation Hires Lance King as Vice President of Donor Resources
- Gill Foundation Announces Gift of Colorado Springs Building to Rocky Mountain PBS, Creating “Tim Gill Center for Public Media”
- After 15 Years of Progress, Gay & Lesbian Fund to Re-Evaluate Strategic Direction, Will Continue Funding Current Grantees Through 2012
- Gill Foundation and Weber Shandwick Release ‘Business of Change’
- Gill Foundation Announces New CFO