Seasoned Movement Leader Brad Clark to Join Gill Foundation as Vice President of PartnershipsThu Dec 4, 2014
Gill Foundation CEO Courtney Cuff announced today that Brad Clark will be joining the foundation team as vice president of partnerships, effective January 20, 2015.
“We have a lot of work to do to ensure equal treatment for LGBT people in America, and the Gill Foundation cannot do it alone,” said Cuff. “We are excited to welcome Brad to our team to lead our efforts to engage other funders in the important work that remains. Brad has helped build a groundbreaking campaign with our partners at the Human Rights Campaign focused on the Deep South. Brad’s experience driving statewide change, his understanding of regions like the South, and his strong track record of building trusted relationships will be critical to generating the kind of collaborative funding that we need to accelerate the pace of progress where it’s needed most.”
“Colorado is home to me, and I’ve had a wonderful relationship with the extended Gill family for many years. I am excited to head west and join the incredible Gill Foundation team,” said Clark.
Clark has more than a decade of experience working in the LGBT movement. Most recently, he served as director of Project One America with the Human Rights Campaign, where he led a cross-organizational effort to dramatically expand equality in the South and bridge the divide that exists for many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Americans.
Previously, Clark was executive director of One Colorado Education Fund, the state’s leading LGBT advocacy organization. Under his leadership, One Colorado built a coalition of more than one million Coloradans to pass a civil unions law, launched a nationally recognized organizing project with the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition, passed a comprehensive anti-bullying law, and added protections for transgender Coloradans to access health insurance.
As vice president of partnerships, Clark will lead efforts to increase and diversify funding for the LGBT movement and to support individual and institutional funders in impactful giving. Clark will also be responsible for the biennial, invitation-only OutGiving conference, which brings together major donors to connect, learn, and share ideas on ways to advance equality through focused philanthropy.
“This past year, the stories I’ve heard on my travels throughout the South have touched me profoundly—from the courage of a black trans officer coming out on the police force to the resilience of a mother of four evicted from her home for being a lesbian. I am grateful for my opportunity at the Human Rights Campaign to help develop a new campaign in the Deep South,” said Clark. “At the Gill Foundation, I’ll have the opportunity to continue focusing on the South, a region that receives only 3-4 percent of domestic LGBT funding. Engaging donors and funders who care about advancing equality in the South is my top priority. I’m looking forward to generating more resources for the work ahead and to ensuring that donors continue investing, even as momentum for equality builds.”
For more information, contact Jace Woodrum at 720-274-3238.
About Gill Foundation
The Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights work. The foundation has invested more than $260 Million since inception in organizations and programs to achieve its mission of equal opportunity for all Americans, regardless of sexual orientation or gender expression.
In The News
- 'Beyond I Do:' Denver foundation's new ad campaign focuses on LGBT discrimination
- 'Beyond I Do' PSA shows how LGBTQ discrimination still happens
- LGBTQ advocacy organization Gill Foundation selected local Brad Clark to take over as president
- New Leader for LGBT-Funding Powerhouse Gill Foundation
- Ford’s $1 Billion Impact Investment Fund Gets New Manager; Gill Foundation Hires CEO From Within
- Gill Foundation drops $400,000 on STEM labs for every elementary school in Englewood
- What the Right Gets Wrong About LGBT Megadonor Tim Gill
- Meet Tim Gill, The Megadonor Behind the LGBTQ Rights Movement
- Colorado advocates cheer U.S. Supreme Court ruling for gay marriage
- Gay Marriage Backers to Finance Anti-Discrimination Efforts
- America’s Gay Corporate Warrior Wants to Bring Full Equality to Red States
- The Marriage Equality Hall of Fame: 8 Funders Who Helped Make It Happen
- National Park Service’s Heritage Initiative aims to honor LGBT contributions
- National Park Service looks to add historic LGBT sites
- Telling All of America’s Story: The National Park Service Announces LGBT Theme Study
- US Aims to Identify, Promote Historic LGBT Sites
- With new initiative, National Park Service will put LGBT sites on the national map
- Gay donor: Gay rights not ‘inevitable’
- Gay Rights Push Shifts Its Focus South and West
- Eliza Byard Joins Gill Foundation Board of Directors
- Tim Gill & Scott Miller Announce Brad Clark as President and CEO
- Leadership Update from Tim Gill & Scott Miller
- Longtime Transgender Movement Leader Masen Davis to Join Gill Foundation as Senior Director of Special Projects
- Our 2016 LGBT Funding Priorities
- Tim Gill Statement in Response to Supreme Court Ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges
- Vice President Joe Biden Speaks at OutGiving 2015
- Seasoned Movement Leader Brad Clark to Join Gill Foundation as Vice President of Partnerships
- Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado Announces $50,000 Grant to Support “Colorado Rising,” a Benefit for Flood Relief
- Gill Foundation Names Courtney Cuff as President and CEO
- Sweeney to Finish Term as President and CEO of Gill Foundation by End of 2013
- Gill Foundation Hires Lance King as Vice President of Donor Resources
- Gill Foundation Announces Gift of Colorado Springs Building to Rocky Mountain PBS, Creating “Tim Gill Center for Public Media”
- After 15 Years of Progress, Gay & Lesbian Fund to Re-Evaluate Strategic Direction, Will Continue Funding Current Grantees Through 2012
- Gill Foundation and Weber Shandwick Release ‘Business of Change’
- Gill Foundation Announces New CFO