Eliza Byard Joins Gill Foundation Board of DirectorsTue Jan 16, 2018
We are delighted to share with you that Eliza Byard has been appointed to the Gill Foundation’s board of directors. Our board members are essential to driving the foundation’s work to advance and protect LGBT equality in the United States, and Eliza brings incomparable experience, leadership, and strategic vision to the team.
You know Eliza well from her incredible work as Executive Director of GLSEN, where she’s designed and executed strategic initiatives that have transformed K-12 education in the United States to respond to the unique challenges and needs of LGBT youth. GLSEN’s work has contributed to a significant decrease in anti-LGBT harassment and violence in schools, and the organization’s advocacy and legislative strategies have achieved bipartisan support around the urgency and importance of bullying prevention and LGBT issues in education. Under her leadership, GLSEN was honored by President Obama as a “Champion of Change” and named a Top National Non-Profit for its impact on LGBT equality.
The challenges ahead are vast, as opponents of equality renew their loathsome attacks on LGBT people and families. But the Gill Foundation and our grantees are ready to meet these challenges head on, and under the intrepid leadership of our newly appointed President & CEO Brad Clark and strategic board members like Eliza, love and equality will win again — of that we are certain.
Please join us in congratulating Eliza and thanking her for her service to the LGBT community.
In The News
- Who Is Tim Gill?
- Experimentation and Failure Are What Lead to Successful Advocacy
- Denver’s Tim Gill has donated half a billion dollars to LGBTQ equality. Now the software geek turned activist reflects on 25 years of the struggle.
- Out Leadership releases the State LGBT+ Business Climate Index
- LGBT-Inclusive Policies Benefit Employees and Companies Alike, Report Finds
- As Colorado Swears In An Openly Gay Governor, How One Couple Quietly Changed Minds On LGBT Issues
- U.S. Chamber Foundation and Gill Foundation Announce 'Inclusion Incorporated' Initiative
- Investing in LGBTQ Advocacy with Smart Philanthropy
- 'Beyond I Do:' Denver foundation's new ad campaign focuses on LGBT discrimination
- 'Beyond I Do' PSA shows how LGBTQ discrimination still happens
- LGBTQ advocacy organization Gill Foundation selected local Brad Clark to take over as president
- New Leader for LGBT-Funding Powerhouse Gill Foundation
- Ford’s $1 Billion Impact Investment Fund Gets New Manager; Gill Foundation Hires CEO From Within
- Gill Foundation drops $400,000 on STEM labs for every elementary school in Englewood
- What the Right Gets Wrong About LGBT Megadonor Tim Gill
- Meet Tim Gill, The Megadonor Behind the LGBTQ Rights Movement
- Colorado advocates cheer U.S. Supreme Court ruling for gay marriage
- Gay Marriage Backers to Finance Anti-Discrimination Efforts
- America’s Gay Corporate Warrior Wants to Bring Full Equality to Red States
- The Marriage Equality Hall of Fame: 8 Funders Who Helped Make It Happen
- National Park Service’s Heritage Initiative aims to honor LGBT contributions
- National Park Service looks to add historic LGBT sites
- Telling All of America’s Story: The National Park Service Announces LGBT Theme Study
- US Aims to Identify, Promote Historic LGBT Sites
- With new initiative, National Park Service will put LGBT sites on the national map
- Gay donor: Gay rights not ‘inevitable’
- Gay Rights Push Shifts Its Focus South and West
- Eliza Byard Joins Gill Foundation Board of Directors
- Tim Gill & Scott Miller Announce Brad Clark as President and CEO
- Leadership Update from Tim Gill & Scott Miller
- Longtime Transgender Movement Leader Masen Davis to Join Gill Foundation as Senior Director of Special Projects
- Our 2016 LGBT Funding Priorities
- Tim Gill Statement in Response to Supreme Court Ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges
- Vice President Joe Biden Speaks at OutGiving 2015
- Seasoned Movement Leader Brad Clark to Join Gill Foundation as Vice President of Partnerships
- Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado Announces $50,000 Grant to Support “Colorado Rising,” a Benefit for Flood Relief
- Gill Foundation Names Courtney Cuff as President and CEO
- Sweeney to Finish Term as President and CEO of Gill Foundation by End of 2013
- Gill Foundation Hires Lance King as Vice President of Donor Resources
- Gill Foundation Announces Gift of Colorado Springs Building to Rocky Mountain PBS, Creating “Tim Gill Center for Public Media”
- After 15 Years of Progress, Gay & Lesbian Fund to Re-Evaluate Strategic Direction, Will Continue Funding Current Grantees Through 2012
- Gill Foundation and Weber Shandwick Release ‘Business of Change’
- Gill Foundation Announces New CFO