Leadership Update from Tim Gill & Scott MillerWed Jul 19, 2017
Last Thursday, our president and CEO Courtney Cuff shared some big news with us. In October, she will be leaving Gill Foundation after four remarkable years to take on an exciting challenge leading a new campaign of the Hopewell Fund to improve the lives of working families across America. We are very happy for Courtney and thrilled about the important work she will be undertaking.
Courtney has been a strategic, creative, and fierce leader at Gill and in the LGBT movement and we are deeply grateful to her. Among her many achievements, Courtney has led the charge as the movement and our grantees shifted from marriage to nondiscrimination, spear-headed an effective southern strategy building remarkable alliances with businesses and people of faith, helped to create and launch Freedom for All Americans, and worked with the National Parks Service to study and designate multiple sites preserving the heritage of LGBT sites across America. Courtney has been an amazing partner to OutGivers and ran two amazing conferences that helped focus our collective efforts on the work ahead to achieve lasting equality for our community.
Courtney would be the first to give credit to our amazing staff at Gill, our hard-charging grantees and the OutGivers who make this all happen.
We have vital work to do. Thanks to Courtney and all of you, Gill Foundation is in great shape. We know that transitions and change are never simple but thanks to the leadership each of you exhibits daily, we are confident about the road ahead. Fortunately, Courtney will be here with us until October, allowing for a very smooth transition.
Please join us in thanking her for all her amazing work.
In The News
- Out Leadership releases the State LGBT+ Business Climate Index
- LGBT-Inclusive Policies Benefit Employees and Companies Alike, Report Finds
- As Colorado Swears In An Openly Gay Governor, How One Couple Quietly Changed Minds On LGBT Issues
- U.S. Chamber Foundation and Gill Foundation Announce 'Inclusion Incorporated' Initiative
- Who's Partnering with Joe Biden on LGBTQ Inclusion?
- Investing in LGBTQ Advocacy with Smart Philanthropy
- 'Beyond I Do:' Denver foundation's new ad campaign focuses on LGBT discrimination
- 'Beyond I Do' PSA shows how LGBTQ discrimination still happens
- LGBTQ advocacy organization Gill Foundation selected local Brad Clark to take over as president
- New Leader for LGBT-Funding Powerhouse Gill Foundation
- Ford’s $1 Billion Impact Investment Fund Gets New Manager; Gill Foundation Hires CEO From Within
- Gill Foundation drops $400,000 on STEM labs for every elementary school in Englewood
- What the Right Gets Wrong About LGBT Megadonor Tim Gill
- Meet Tim Gill, The Megadonor Behind the LGBTQ Rights Movement
- Colorado advocates cheer U.S. Supreme Court ruling for gay marriage
- Gay Marriage Backers to Finance Anti-Discrimination Efforts
- America’s Gay Corporate Warrior Wants to Bring Full Equality to Red States
- The Marriage Equality Hall of Fame: 8 Funders Who Helped Make It Happen
- National Park Service’s Heritage Initiative aims to honor LGBT contributions
- National Park Service looks to add historic LGBT sites
- Telling All of America’s Story: The National Park Service Announces LGBT Theme Study
- US Aims to Identify, Promote Historic LGBT Sites
- With new initiative, National Park Service will put LGBT sites on the national map
- Gay donor: Gay rights not ‘inevitable’
- Gay Rights Push Shifts Its Focus South and West
- Eliza Byard Joins Gill Foundation Board of Directors
- Tim Gill & Scott Miller Announce Brad Clark as President and CEO
- Leadership Update from Tim Gill & Scott Miller
- Longtime Transgender Movement Leader Masen Davis to Join Gill Foundation as Senior Director of Special Projects
- Our 2016 LGBT Funding Priorities
- Tim Gill Statement in Response to Supreme Court Ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges
- Vice President Joe Biden Speaks at OutGiving 2015
- Seasoned Movement Leader Brad Clark to Join Gill Foundation as Vice President of Partnerships
- Gill Foundation’s Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado Announces $50,000 Grant to Support “Colorado Rising,” a Benefit for Flood Relief
- Gill Foundation Names Courtney Cuff as President and CEO
- Sweeney to Finish Term as President and CEO of Gill Foundation by End of 2013
- Gill Foundation Hires Lance King as Vice President of Donor Resources
- Gill Foundation Announces Gift of Colorado Springs Building to Rocky Mountain PBS, Creating “Tim Gill Center for Public Media”
- After 15 Years of Progress, Gay & Lesbian Fund to Re-Evaluate Strategic Direction, Will Continue Funding Current Grantees Through 2012
- Gill Foundation and Weber Shandwick Release ‘Business of Change’
- Gill Foundation Announces New CFO